Here is a great recipe that is “clean”, filling, and good for you! It only takes about 5 – 10 minutes to prepare it and all you need is a slow cooker (perfect for planning ahead and no fuss meals). This spicy recipe comes from Kitchen Table community member Michelle. Here’s what she has to say about it: “This is a wonderful, healthy slow-cooker Mexican-style chicken. You can make this recipe spicier by adding jalapeños or other fresh chili peppers.”
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 1 cup / 240 ml black beans
• 1 cup / 240 ml corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
• 1 small jar salsa (your favorite variety)
• 1 Tbsp / 15 ml cumin
• 1 Tbsp / 15 ml chili powder
• 2 cups / 480 ml cooked brown rice
Add to slow cooker: chicken breast, beans, corn, salsa, cumin and chili powder. Mix and cook on low 8 to 10 hours. Serve with cooked brown rice.
***To make a creamier version, add ½ cup / 120 ml plain Greek yogurt the last 30 minutes of cooking.