Hands-on time: 30 minutes.
Total time: 30 minutes.
Under 45 Minutes
- 12 oz whole-wheat egg noodles
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 oz white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 8 oz portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 14 oz medium-firm tofu, puréed in blender or food processor
- 8 oz low-fat sour cream
- 8 oz low-sodium beef stock
- 1 tbsp unsalted tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp dried dill
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet over high for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, mist with cooking spray and add onion. Sauté for about 8 minutes or until caramelized. Add white and portobello mushrooms and garlic. Mist with cooking spray, if needed, and saute until cooked, about 5 more minutes.
- Add tofu, sour cream, stock and tomato paste, and stir until smooth. Stir in seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Pour mushroom sauce over cooked noodles. Serve topped with dill.