So, a lot of people keep asking me for more ways to eat healthy during the holidays but still feel like they are treating themselves. Well, here is another one for you out there. One of my candy favorites are Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, but they are packed with sugar and empty calories. So, when I found this recipe, I was ecstatic! Give this a try if you are a fan of chocolate and peanut goodness! Plus, there is a nice surprise to make it more suitable for the holidays – pumpkin! Enjoy!
¼ cup dark chocolate chips
2 scoops Chocolate Vegan Shakeology
1 Tbsp. psyllium husk powder
½ cup pumpkin puree (canned)
8 mini cupcake liners
6 tsp. natural smooth peanut butter,
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chocolate chips in small oven-proof bowl and heat in oven for 15 minutes or until melted.
2. While the chocolate is melting, place Shakeology, psyllium husk, and pumpkin puree in food processor. Pulse until it forms a dough.
3. Divide dough into 12 small balls and portion into each cupcake liner. Press dough down into a flat disk with depression in the middle. Place ½ tsp. peanut butter into each depression.
4. Remove chocolate from oven and stir to melt completely. Drizzle evenly over each cup and spread to create a thin chocolate layer on top (about ½ tsp. chocolate per cup).
5. Freeze for 30 minutes or until chocolate hardens.
Nutritional Information (per serving):