For those of you looking to lose weight, one thing I would suggest is to include foods that are high in fiber in your diet. Fiber helps to keep you fuller longer and also help with digestion and keep you regular. All good things! Here are 7 foods that are packed with Fiber and some suggestions on how to prepare them.
- Add frozen peas to pasta dishes, whole wheat of course 🙂
- Add frozen peas to ground turkey when making tacos or lettuce wraps
- Check out this recipe for a Low Fat Mexican Paella
- Add it to a stir fry with chicken breast, peppers, carrots, onions, and mushrooms
- Order it on your next pizza, ask for extra sauce and lite on the cheese. Add other veggies, too!
- Check out this recipe from Ina Garten – Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- Add canned artichoke hearts to your salads
- Another great pizza topping
- Check out this recipe to roast an artichoke
- Add to sandwiches to replace mayonnaise (It has a nice buttery texture similar to mayo)
- Dice it up and add to salads or to top on black bean or vegetable soup
- Make guacamole – Check out these recipes
- Add canned (and rinsed) beans to a salad
- Grind up chickpeas with olive oil, lemon and salt for a quick hummus recipe
- Use your crockpot to make hearty soups – Check out this black bean soup recipe
- Add to plain greek yogurt with granola for a breakfast parfait or snack
- Add them to salads for a tangy burst of flavor
- Add them to smoothies, they taste great in Tropical Strawberry or Greenberry Shakeology
- Replace oatmeal for breadcrumbs in meatloaf or meatballs as your binder
- Add it to your smoothies or Shakeology for a heartier and nuttier taste
- Use your crock pot to make your oatmeal, try this recipe
Hopefully, you can use these tips to incorporate more fiber into your diet. Comment below if you have other suggestions or recipes!