Check out this recipe (it’s very loose, as I didn’t measure much, but you should be able to get the drift. 🙂 )
Asian Spiced Sticky Baked Chicken
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Chicken Drumsticks (5)
- Tablespoon of Asian 5 Spice
- Tablespoon of Curry Powder
- Tablespoon of Emeril’s Essence (I made from scratch)
- Dash of Abodo Seasoning
- Himalayan Salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
Rub the dry spices over the chicken and bake for 20 minutes. While the chicken is baking, make the glaze:
- 1/4 Cup of Honey Apple Butter (Some sort of preserves like apricot, mango, or orange marmalade, even cherry might be tasty with this)
- 2 Cloves of Chopped Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon of Grated Ginger
- Tablespoon (or two) of Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Dash of Worcherstershire Sauce
- Dash of Rice Vinegar
- Dash of Toasted Sesame Oil
Mix all together and after the chicken has baked for 20 minutes, individually dip/coat the chicken into the glaze mixture. Crank up the oven to 400 degrees and place the chicken back in to the baking dish. Bake for an additional 25 minutes, until the chicken looks sticky or not as wet.
If I had remembered, I would have sprinkled sesame seeds and scallions on top of the chicken for added pop of flavor. Again, this was made on the fly, so feel free to check the glaze to adjust to your taste buds. But I thought it was tasty and delicious, packed full of flavor and a nice spin on baked chicken!
What are your favorite ways to spice up baked chicken?