Do you eat a healthy breakfast daily? If not, here are 5 reasons why you should!
1. The word “breakfast” literally means breaking your fast. Think about it, for the past few hours you have been sleeping not eating, when you wake up, your body is ready for fuel. If you deny your body the fuel that it needs you can could find yourself being groggy, grumpy, and sluggish for the entire rest of the day.
2. Your metabolism becomes sluggish when you don’t eat breakfast, making it harder for you to lose weight. Don’t fall into the trap of thinking that if you skip breakfast, you will lose weight. It is quite the opposite, my friend.
3. You are less likely to snack during the day or have bad cravings, if you have a healthy breakfast. Why? Because your blood sugar levels are more balanced and you’re not starving by 10AM, where you will most likely grab a convenient yet unhealthy snack because it’s past “breakfast time” and not yet “lunch time.”
4. Eating a healthy breakfast, sets the tone for how you eat, feel, think, and behave for the rest of the day. If you start off your day healthy, you tend to make healthier choices and decisions like choosing better foods and committing to working out, which also means you will probably sleep better at night because you aren’t trying to digest unhealthy foods and your body will need the rest from the day’s workout.
5. I know that peer pressure isn’t cool, but seriously, all of the “Cool Kids” are doing it. 🙂
So do yourself a favor, make sure that your fridge is packed with healthy breakfast options like fresh fruit, greek yogurt, oatmeal, etc. I tend drink Shakeology every morning for breakfast because it’s quick, easy to make, and super healthy. But I also love to have plain greek yogurt with fruit, a piece of Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin Toast with Peanut Butter and Banana or egg whites with salsa or sauteed veggies and a piece of turkey bacon or grilled chicken. Get creative or stick with something that is easy and healthy for you to make every morning.
For more ideas for healthy breakfast recipes, check out this board on Pinterest – http://pinterest.com/glamourmag/healthy-breakfast-ideas/