Today’s breakfast was inspired by a FB post from my girl Amber. She posted a photo of an egg baked in an avocado and since my roommate bought me some avocados yesterday I decided to give it a shot. Easy to make and amazingly delicious. I topped mine with some Sriracha!
1. Preheat oven to 425
2. Cut Avo in half, remove pit and scoop out enough meat to hold one egg.
3. Crack an egg and separate the egg whites into a bowl and place the yolk into the center of the Avo.
4. Mix in a little bit of salsa and cracked black pepper into the egg whites. Pour into Avo.
5. Place in a baking dish, I used foil to create a barrier around the Avo so it didn’t tip over
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the egg is firm and a nice char on top.
***Next time I may top with shredded cheese and serve with whole grain toast and salsa.