So, I’m not much of a snacker, but when I do, I tend to want something salty and sweet and crunchy. The old Allison would eat Lays Original Potato Chips and Chocolate Chips or Peanut Butter & Jelly with Ruffles. But, things have changed now that I am really focused on eating cleaner and eating to support my goals. So, the other day I was craving something salty, sweet and crunchy. I stood in the kitchen for a bit when inspiration hit me. Check out this recipe for Apple Nachos or Apple Chips and Dip, as my friend preferred to call them.
- 1 Apple, sliced thin into slices
- 1 Tbsp of Peanut Butter – I used an organic brand from Whole Foods, can’t remember
- 1 Tbsp of Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tsp of Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 Tsp of Vanilla Protein Powder – I used Shakeology, but I also think that Chocolate would be great too!
- Dash of Cinnamon
Arrange sliced apples on a plate and sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon. In a bowl mix together the Peanut Butter, Greek Yogurt, Almond Milk and Protein Powder until it is smooth. Serve the dip with the apples and enjoy!
It’s super simple, super easy, and you probably have all of these ingredients in your fridge if you are a clean eater. 🙂