Here is a (healthier) Valentine sweet treat that you can prepare and enjoy with your sweetie!
The kicker for this is that it uses Dark Chocolate which has antioxidants and heart healthy, plus goes well with a glass of Red Wine (more antioxidants and heart healthy goodness), plus this recipe also include Coconut Oil, which is also a great health boost to this delectable dessert. The extra bonus is that it is super easy to prepare and makes a big impression. Enjoy!
Total Time: 41 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 1 min.
Yield: 10 servings, 2 strawberries each
20 medium strawberries (about 1 lb.)
9 oz. dark chocolate morsels (or chopped semi-sweet chocolate)
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
1. Wash strawberries; dry completely. Set aside.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment (or waxed) paper. Set aside.
3. Place morsels and oil in microwave-safe container. Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds; stir; microwave for an additional 30 to 45 seconds or until just melted. Do not overcook. Set aside.
4. Hold a strawberry by leaf, dip into melted chocolate; lift and twist slightly, letting any excess chocolate fall back into the bowl. Set strawberry on parchment paper. Repeat with remaining strawberries.
5. Set strawberries aside for 30 minutes, or until chocolate hardens.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Calories: 147 Fat: 9 g Saturated Fat: 6 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 0 mg
Carbohydrate: 18g Fiber: 1 g Sugar: 16 g Protein: 1 g