Tired of doing the same old Chicken? Try adding some zing and sass to your weekday meals with this chicken recipe that is bursting with citrus flavors and extra kick! Don’t worry, the tequila will burn off during cooking, this is a family friendly recipe, that’s healthy!
Total Time: 2 hrs. 20 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min.
Yield: 4 servings
1 Tbsp. tequila
½ cup 100% natural orange juice
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
½ medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
4 (4-oz.) raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
1 dash sea salt
1 dash cayenne pepper
1. Combine tequila, orange juice, lime juice, onion, and garlic in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
2. Place chicken in glass dish. Pour marinade over; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate, covered for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
3. Preheat grill or broiler on high
4. Remove chicken from marinade. Season with salt and cayenne. Discard marinade.
5. Grill or broil chicken for 5 minutes on each side, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
Nutritional Information: (per serving)