It’s not a surprise, that I love Avocados. They are a heart healthy fat, packed with rich flavor, the lead ingredient in Guacamole (my fave) and also serve as a great substitute for mayo (I hate mayo!)
I use avocados a lot on my turkey and roast beef sandwiches, as a spread to add some flavor and some texture to the sammie, but you can use it salad mixtures, like tuna salad or egg salad. Here is a recipe that I use to make Tuna Salad.
- 1 Packet (or can) of Tuna
- 1/2 Fully Ripe Avocado (you want it soft so it blends)
- 1 Diced Hard Boiled Egg (egg whites only)
- Salt, Pepper, Old Bay Seasoning
- Add tuna, avocado, and diced egg whites, to a bowl and mix with a fork until combined
- Add Salt, Pepper, and Old Bay to taste and combine with a fork
- Serve & Enjoy
Ways to Eat It:
- Tuna Melt: Toast whole grain or sprouted bread, I like Ezekiel Bread or Dave’s Killer Bread, and add a slice of tomato and cheese.
- Salad Topping: Add a scoop onto a bed of lettuce and add some salad fixings. Serve with a mustard vinaigrette.
- Snack: Serve with whole grain crackers or pita chips
How else would YOU enjoy this? I’d love to see your variation of this recipe!