I am a big fan of meal prepping and when I know that I have a busy week ahead of me, the key is to make meals that are filling, satisfying and easy to grab and go. Here is one of my all time favorites, especially because it can be eaten hot, cold or even room temperature – Quinoa Pilaf with Chicken, Sweet Potatoes, Kale and Cranberries.
Here is the recipe:
- 2 Cups of Cooked Quinoa (I use 1 cup of dry quinoa, 1.5 cups of organic broth, and .5 cup of water with a splash of olive oil to cook my quinoa).
- 2 Cups of Shredded Chicken (When I’m in a crunch, I buy a rotisserie chicken and shred the breast).
- 2 Handfuls of Kale which I sauteed with a touch of coconut oil (if I had garlic I would have used that with it)
- 1 Sweet Potato diced and roasted with coconut oil, salt, pepper and any other seasonings you want to add. Roast on 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- 1 Handful of dried cranberries
Combine all ingredients together, add more seasoning if you would like or add a salad dressing if you would like.