So, I’ve been seeing tons of people posting about these Egg “Muffins” or Mini Frittatas and I’ve been curious at how easy, practical, and tasty they really are. So I decided to give them a try and the verdict was they are AWESOME! Here is the recipe for you:
- 4 Eggs
- 6 Egg Whites
- 12 Slices of Turkey Bacon
- 1/2 Onion (Chopped)
- 1/2 Cup of Bell Peppers Chopped
- 1/2 Cup of Fresh Spinach, chopped
- 3/4 Cup of Shredded Cheese
- Salt, Pepper, Seasonings of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Chop spinach, onions and peppers and add to a bowl
- Combine egg whites, eggs, cheese, and seasoning into a separate bowl
- Spray a muffin tin with non stick spray (or use coconut oil and a paper towel)
- Take one slice of turkey and form a ring around each section in the muffin tin
- Spoon in veggie mixture at the bottom of each section
- Add the egg mixture to each section, fill it about 3/4 of the way to make sure that they are all even (as you can see, I poured a bit too much and the eggs spilled out)
- Adjust the turkey bacon rings to make sure that the eggs and veggies are contained.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, when the muffins are firm and a bit brown.
Once they have baked, let them cool a bit and transfer them to a plate where you can eat them right away or place 2 in a storage containers for your daily meal prep for the week. You can also make a bunch and freeze them and nuke them when you are ready to eat them. I found them to be super easy to make, very delicious, and since I placed them in storage containers, you can literally grab them and go on your way to work or even road trips.
I am looking forward to experimenting with many different other recipes with these bad boys, as I think that the possibilities are endless! I will keep you posted! What recipes have you used for these?
For more information on Clean Eating and Meal Prep, feel free to download my free Clean Eating Guide!