I remember when I became an entrepreneur, I was pretty excited about all of the opportunities that were in front of me, however, as much as I loved being an entrepreneur, I wasn’t aware of the physical, mental and emotional toll it would play. I often found myself stressed out, drained of energy, always getting sick, and eating like crap, if eating anything at all. I found myself frustrated and my business was actually starting to suffer, because I wasn’t operating in the best capacity to run my business. Plus, I could no longer rely on my lofty insurance plan that I was used to with my previous Corporate Job. I had to make shift, for my sake and the fate of my company. When I made the shift, I actually realized how beneficial it was to make the investment into working out and eating clean.
- More Energy: When you fill your body with processed foods and refined sugars, it can cause you to feel sluggish, bloated and tired. When you feel like this, it makes it very hard to perform the necessary tasks to run your business, let alone get in a workout. Eating whole and clean foods, like fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean proteins, and complex carbs, will provide your body with the fuel that it needs to operate at the highest level possible.
- Clear Focus: I found that by adding at least 30 minutes of physical activity each day, was a real stress reliever for me. I was able to clear my head and I was more focused and ready to attack the day and crush my to do list each day.
- Improved Health: You are your biggest asset in your company, if you are not always sick; you put your business in jeopardy. This could mean missing key client meetings, events, follow ups, or just performing the daily income generating activities. Eating clean and working out set the foundation for a healthy you!
- Financial Benefits: When you are healthy, focused, and have the energy to be productive, your business has a better chance of success. You will be more creative, able to meet with more clients, and grow your business. But also, you will save money, as you won’t be spending money on high insurance premiums or doctor’s visits. It’s a win-win for you and your company.
- Happier: When you are healthy and your company is healthy, you are happier. You feel more confident, your relationships are strengthened, your ability to perform is higher, and you are setting yourself up for success – personally and professionally.
If you are currently not working out or eating clean, now is the perfect time to start. You became an entrepreneur for a reason and I’m sure that you have big goals and dreams. You owe it to yourself, your business and your goals to get healthy!
For more information simple tips on how to improve your diet and nutrition, check out my Clean Eating Guide (www.cleaneatingguide.com).