As a Personal Trainer and Healthy Lifestyle Coach, I have many people who come to me looking for quick results with their health and fitness. The reality is, they didn’t get to their current situation overnight. If you want results, more importantly results that will last, it will not happen overnight. It will require Hard Work and Patience. Period. Here are a few tips on how to get mentally prepared for achieving those results that you are looking for.
- Make a decision. When we make a decision, we are telling ourselves that we are making the commitment to do whatever it takes to make that change. That is what making a decision is all about it, it is putting a stake in the ground, drawing a line in the sand, it’s saying enough is enough.
- Get Informed. Understand what will be required of you and from you to make these changes happen. This may mean making sacrifices and compromises. It may mean doing things that you don’t necessarily want to do, but in the end it will benefit you (like waking up early, cutting out TV, or replacing those french fries with a salad).
- Be patient. I know that it is difficult when you are making strides but you don’t see or feel like you are making progress. We live in a “microwave society” where everyone wants everything to be quick, fast and in a hurry. Well when it comes to lasting, life changing results, that is not the road you want to take. Change takes time and if you keep that in your mind, it will make the process (because it is a process) much easier.
- Get Assistance. If you find that you need more help to stay consistent, on track, and committed to your journey for change, it is okay, actually it is highly recommended, that you find an accountability partner, support group or even a coach (like me), to help you to stay focused. It’s always easier to reach your results when you feel like you aren’t going it alone.
- Track and Celebrate Progress. As I mentioned, this will be a journey, not a quick fix and although you may feel like you are not making strides, trust me, you are. Taking photos, measurements, journaling your journey, blogging, or creating videos to document your path to change, can give you that boost of confidence that you are on the right track. Don’t be ashamed to celebrate a victory no matter how big or small it may seem!
I know that you have it in you to get the results that you have always wanted, but it all starts with you making that decision. If you need help, encouragement, tips, or support to get the results that you are looking for click here so we can connect.