I have been trying to experiment with Meal Prep recipes that are 5 ingredients or less, healthy, and that are easy to make ahead and freeze if needed. I’ve had some complete failures, but this Burrito Bowl is a SLAM DUNK!
It’s super easy to make, I got everything from Trader Joe’s (but you can get these ingredients from any grocery store) I made this in less than 5 minutes and made enough for two meals this week and then froze two more for later in the month. This is the perfect dish if you are short on time and cash, but want a great meal.
- Frozen Organic Brown Rice (in the freezer section)
- Can of Cuban Style Black Beans (in the canned food section)
- Just Chicken Pre-cooked Chicken Breast Slices (in deli section or you can bake/grill your own)
- TJ’s Mild Pico de Gallo salsa (in the deli section)
- Natural Shredded Cheese
- Microwave the frozen brown rice and divide the packet into two portions. Place one portion into a plastic container (or a bowl if you are eating it right away)
- Open the can of black beans and divide the can into two portions, place the beans on top of the rice.
- Dice about 1/2 – 3/4 cup of chicken breast and place on top of rice and beans
- Pour one-half of the container of pico on to each of the containers or bowls
- Top with a sprinkle of cheese
Either freeze or eat right away….serve it with avocado, sprinkle on some green onions, and add a dollop Salsa for more kick and flavor. You can also use ground turkey or beef for this recipe or regular salsa. Let me know how you spice it up!