Well, I successfully finished the 3 Day Refresh and I am proud to say that it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. If you are considering a cleanse, I want to share with you the good, bad and ugly!
- Satisfied: I didn’t feel hungry during the 3 days, which was a big concern for me, especially since I am on my feet pretty much all day with training.
- Mental Clarity: I felt that my mind was much more clear and I was able to focus on specific tasks much easier, if anyone knows me, you would know that I am the definition of organized chaos.
- Energy: I found that I didn’t really feel sleepy or groggy, especially during the 3PM slump, I felt energized.
- Improved Sleep: I typically am up each morning around 4AM, sometimes I wake up feeling tired and drag a bit, but each day on the Refresh I woke up feeling refreshed and didn’t wake up during the night.
- Easy to Make Meals: I like that you actually get to eat real food and the recipes that you are given and guidelines make it really easy to find options for all of your meals.
- Shakeology & Vanilla Fresh: I love Shakeology and was happy that I could continue to drink it during the 3 Day Refresh, but I was also pleasantly surprised by the Vanilla Fresh shake! I am hoping that this will become the new Vegan Vanilla formula, if so, I will be in heaven. It was delicious!
- Stay close to the bathroom! Since you are drinking a lot of water to facilitate the cleanse, you will have to pee quite a lot!
- Although, I never felt hungry, there were times when I felt that I couldn’t finish all of the food and shakes that were required, which could have been because I was full or just was over eating the same thing.
- Since my days are long and I don’t have much time to really think about my meals, I had to prepare all of my meals in advance and ending up eating the same meals and snacks every single day. It helped to prep the meals, but I will say by the third day, as delicious as it was, I was over my Veggie Stir Fry. Next time around, I will prepare a bit more variety with my meals and snacks.
- While I wasn’t hungry, I did have two bouts of cravings – one was prompted by a dream I had where I ate an entire bag of Kettle Cooked Salt & Vinegar Chips and then craved them during the day. The other was a craving for a bacon cheese burger. Random, but I was shocked because I typically crave sweets, so I guess it’s a good thing that I got my sugar craving under control.
- The Fiber Sweep wasn’t my favorite, but it wasn’t awful. I just had to make it really cold water and made it in a Shaker Cup then chugged it down as fast as I could.
- Well, I should say more of the smelly…I did experience a bit of gas during the first day, but by the end of the day, I felt totally fine and no one was injured! 🙂
Now, I’m sure that you are more interested in knowing if it actually did work! Well, I am proud to say that I got amazing results!
- Starting Weight: 128.4
- Starting Waist: 27
- Ending Weight: 123.4
- Ending Waist: 25.5
Yup, I love 5 pounds and 1.5 inches in 3 days by eating real foods, nourishing shakes and drinking tons of water. Plus, I feel rested, energized and not bloated!
As I mentioned, my meals were pretty basic each day:
- Breakfast: Vegan Chocolate or GreenberryShakeology made with Water and I also ate a pineapple spears or apple apple slices
- Mid-Morning: Fiber Sweep (It wasn’t too bad)
- Lunch: Vanilla Fresh Protein Shake (it was so delicious) with Tomato Cucumber Salad made with Lemon Juice, Garlic, and Cumin, and a handful of berries and avocado slices.
- Mid Afternoon Snack: Carrots with Guacamole or Lemon Garlic Green Beans
- Mid Afternoon Tea: Caffeine Free Chai (Unsweetened)
- Dinner: Vanilla Fresh with Veggie Stir Fry made with garlic, ginger and cayenne pepper.
All in all, I would recommend the 3 Day Refresh to anyone who is looking for a way to kickstart or jumpstart their weight loss, find relief if you feel that you have overdone it with the junk food, or simply want something to help you get your body on track with your nutrition.
If you have any other questions or want more information about the 3 Day Refresh, including how to get your own kit and to join one of my 3 Day Refresh Accountability groups, fill out this form and I’ll get you more information! In the meantime, check out this awesome video that talks more about the 3 Day Refresh.