So I have been on this kick with experimenting various ways to eat clean, without spending a lot of money and without a lot of time to cook or clean up. Trader Joe’s has been my go to of the past few weeks when it comes to my “Meal Prep Sundays” and today I made another “One Dish Wonder” that rocked my socks – Italian Chicken & Veggies. It’s simply so easy and delicious!
- 1 Pound of Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast Tenders, diced into chunks
- 1 Container of Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Pack of Asparagus, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Container of Sliced Crimini or Baby Bella mushrooms
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, minced/crushed
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- Olive Oil, to be used sparingly
- Italian Seasoning – I used Tastefully Simple’s – Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto Mix (Click Here for more info)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Assemble a baking dish with tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, asparagus, and chicken (see above).
- Sprinkle minced garlic over the entire spread of food
- Drizzle a olive oil over the veggies and add seasoning to the entire dish
- Bake for 25 minutes – until chicken is done and juice run clear and the tomatoes begin to burst
- Mix together and cook for 5 more minutes to get all of the flavors to combine.
There are many options of how to enjoy this dish:
- Serve on it’s on as it’s a great one dish wonder – protein and veggies
- Serve on top of pasta – I’m going to enjoy mine with a new Edamame Pasta I got from Costco
- Serve on top of brown rice
- Serve on top of mashed potatoes (I know, but keep the portions small)
- This is also a great option for your weekly meal prep – place into tupperware containers for grab and go lunches or dinners that are healthy, tasty, and easy to enjoy!
I’d love to know what other ideas or questions you have when it comes to easy meal prep/easy dinner ideas. Comment below and I will give them a try and share with you! For more information about Clean Eating click here to get my free Clean Eating Guide!