Now that fall is here, it’s all about making comfort food that is easy to make, meal prep friendly, and clean as possible. This is one of the ideas that I came up with and it turned out delicious!
The best thing about this dish is that it is easy to assemble and prepare, and you use one pan for everything, so clean up is super easy.
Here’s the recipe:
- 4-5 Chicken Pieces (I used drumsticks, but you can use any cut of the chicken that you want)
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, diced
- 1 bag of baby yukon potatoes, diced
- 1 Medium Onion, sliced
- 8 sprigs of Rosemary, pull the leaves off 4 of the springs and dice
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Olive Oil
- Salt, Pepper, and 21 Seasoning Salute from Trader Joes (or another salt free seasoning)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes, onions, and rosemary, drizzle with olive oil (sparingly – enough to coat) and season with salt, pepper, and other spices.
- Spread mixture onto a baking dish or deep baking pan.
- Season chicken with salt free seasoning and/or spices, pepper and a touch of salt and place on the pan in between the potato and onion mixture.
- Place remaining 4 sprigs of rosemary and lemon slices on top of the chicken and potatoes.
- Bake on 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes, uncovered.
- Turn chicken over, mix potatoes and onions and bake for another 10-15 minutes, until juices run clear.
The dish came out delicious and it made the house smell AMAZING! A few friends of mine, gave me a few suggestions and I am looking forward to giving it a try, but here are the best two:
- Sear the chicken breast first before baking
- Use a cast iron skillet. For this, you can sear the chicken first then add the potatoes and onion mixture, then bake it for 35 – 40 minutes on 400 degrees.
I’d love to hear how it goes and what variations you have come up with!