Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone and now it’s time to get back on track with your health and fitness goals. Remember, on average people gain 7 – 10 pounds between Thanksgiving and Christmas, so check out these 5 tips to help you keep that from happening.
- Drink TONS of water: Typically, your Thanksgiving meal is packed with carbs and sodium, which can cause you to bloat. Flush out your system with water, at least half your weight in ounces. If you don’t like water, add lemons or cucumber for added flavor.
- Eat Your Veggies: Dark Leafy Greens are great detoxifiers and full of amazing vitamins, nutrients and antioxidants. Try making a big salad and throw in some pieces of turkey for protein and to help get rid of left overs. I stick with my Shakeology once a day, especially during this time!
- Move Your Body: Aim to get at least 30 minutes of physical activity, especially over the next few days. Go for a walk, hit the gym, gather the family for a dance party in the living room or yes, Black Friday shopping can count as your cardio. Aim for 10,000 steps! For a quick HIIT workout, check out my latest video.
- Portion Out Leftovers: Avoid over-eating by portioning out your leftovers and making meals in Tupperware containers. Whatever is left either freeze or give away to guests! Keep one or two meals per person and get rid of the rest. For more info on Meal Prep Tips, check out this post.
- Forgive Yourself: If you overdid it yesterday…so what?! Today is a new day and with the 4 tips above, you will be able to get right back on track. Focus on the time spent with friends and family and know that you still have the power to change your body and reach your goals!
Hopefully, you had a great Thanksgiving and if you need a bit more accountability with your health and fitness, join my upcoming Health Holidays Clean Eating & Fitness Challenge.