The holidays are a time of family, friends, festivities and food. Along with that can come stress, colds, and the body needing some serious TLC. Here’s a simple drink that is perfect to drink first thing in the morning, after a big meal, or before going to bed.
I call it Holiday Recovery Tea, because it is packed with detoxifying, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bloating ingredients that will boost your immune system and soothe your body.
Here is the recipe:
- 1/2 of a lemon, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of tumeric
- 1 marble size knot of ginger
- 2 dashes of cayenne pepper
- Heat water in a kettle.
- Combine honey, cinnamon, tumeric, and cayenne pepper into a teacup with a spoon.
- Add ginger and lemon to the honey and spice mixture.
- Once the water is hot, pour on top of the mixture and let steep for 3-4 minutes.
- Enjoy. Once, you’ve finished, you can add more hot water to keep enjoying.