One of the biggest complaints that I hear from most of my clients is that they hate grocery shopping, mainly because they get there and spend way too much time and money on foods that the never eat! Here are my top 5 Grocery Shopping Tips to help you save time and save money, while also making sure that you stay on track with your clean eating & meal prepping.
- Eat a snack before shopping. When you are hungry, you are more likely to throw in foods that trigger your cravings.
- Make a list (and stick to it!). This is where meal planning and prepping can help you to save money and time while shopping.
- Break down your list into categories in the store. So you are not aimlessly wandering around looking for things.
- Stick to perimeter of the grocery store. This is where the clean eating friendly items like produce, fresh meats, dairy, and other “real food”. My rule of thumb is 80% perimeter.
- Don’t be afraid to shop for convenience. If I am short on time for my meal prep, I will buy pre washed and chopped veggies and fruits, egg whites in a carton, and ask the butcher to season my meats with fresh herbs and spices. You can still keep it clean, but save some time when you get home.
These tips are simple and a way to make sure that your grocery shopping experience is as seamless as possible. For more information on clean eating and more tips on meal prep, visit www.CleanEatingGuide.com.