Many people ask me about what to eat after a good workout and yes, protein is important, but many of the protein shakes on the market are not the cleanest of healthiest for you. Here is an option, that I have fallen in love with and it’s a perfect recipe that you can meal prep a few in advance for a nice grab and go snack, that’s as filling as it is fancy!
I typically use plain greek yogurt for my parfaits, but I wanted to try something a little different, especially since my basil plant, Peter (yes, I named him), was started to wilt so I wanted to make use of the basil I had on hand. So, I figured I’d swap out the yogurt for cottage cheese, which I have never been a real fan of, until now, and figured that strawberries would be a nice pair with the lemony basil. For added sweetness and depth of flavor, balsamic vinegar and honey round out this recipe.
- 1/2 Cup of Cottage Cheese
- 1/4 Cup of Diced Strawberries
- 1 Tablespoon of Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Drizzle of Honey
- Place cottage cheese at the bottom of a bowl or a mason jar.
- In a small bowl, combine Strawberries, Basil and Balsamic together and add to cottage cheese.
- Drizzle with honey and enjoy!
For more of my recipes, I now have a Clean Eating Instagram account – www.Instagram.com/iCookClean. Follow for more recipes and meal prep ideas!