Every month my friends and I have a themed dinner night. We draw two cards out of a bag full of different themes and this month was Seafood and Your Favorite Color. My favorite color is purple, so here is this recipe.
Spicy Shrimp & Mango Skewers with Blackberry Glaze
1 pound of Shrimp, deveined & raw
1 Mango, diced
3 Tablespoons of seedless blackberry jam
4 Tablespoons of soy sauce
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 Tbsp of Sriracha
Old Bay Seasoning
2. Season skewers with Old Bay Seasoning
3. In a bowl, combine blackberry jam, soy sauce, garlic and Sriracha into a bowl and brush on skewers on both slides. Save any left over sauce and place in a saucepan.
5. While the skewers are cooking, reduce the remaining sauce in a pan on medium heat until it thickens.
6. Once skewers are done, drizzle the thickened sauce over the skewers and top with green onions and serve with orange slices.
7. Squeeze orange slices over the skewers and enjoy!
I saved the leftovers and combined with brown rice for a tasty and healthy lunch.