- Add 2 cups of leafy greens into a blender. I like using Kale, but if it is too bitter, you can use spinach.
- Add 2 cups of liquid to the blender with the leafy greens. I like using coconut water or unsweetened almond milk.
- Blend the leafy greens and liquid until they are purified…THEN ADD YOUR FRUIT & HEALTHY FATS to the blender.
- Add 1-2 cups of fruit to the blender – I am a fan of adding a banana and a cup of frozen berries.
- Add a Tablespoon of Coconut Oil or Nut Butter or even a 1/4 of an avocado to the blender and mix it all up!
When I’m not drinking my daily dose of nutrition with Shakeology, I also like to incorporate Green Smoothies into my day as a way to ensure that I get more greens into my diet. These smoothies are a great way to incorporate more nutrition into your diet in a tasty way. Most people, however, make one crucial mistake when they make their smoothie – they add way too much fruit (which means way too much sugar) and they don’t add a healthy fat.
Here is what I would recommend for making a Green Smoothie that is filling, tasty, and has a good balance of nutrition.
Bonus: I like to add in ginger, herbs, spices, nuts, or oats to my smoothies to add more oomph and create a more power packed or satisfying smoothie.
The benefit of adding the healthy fats to the smoothie is that it provides some satiety, making you feel fuller longer, plus healthy fats help with fat loss. Also, by limiting the servings of fruit to two, it keeps your blood sugar balanced, especially when you combine the healthy fats.
The beauty of blending the greens and liquids first, makes sure that there are no clumps and that the greens are blended perfectly.
Hopefully, this helps you with creating the best green smoothie you can make!