Last week, I made Mashed Sweet Potatoes in the crockpot and had A little bit extra so I decided why not throw the rest into my Crockpot Chili?!?
I must say I was pleasantly surprised by how it came out. It was filling and delicious. I also added some green peas for an extra dose of protein and Zuchinni, which along with the peas, adds some extra immunity boosting phytonutrients.
Here is the recipe below:
- 1 pound of Ground Turkey
- 8 ounces of Fresh Salsa
- 8 ounces of Fresh Pico De Gallo
- 8 Ounces of Green Peas
- 8 ounces of Frozen Corn
- 8 ounces of Frozen Bell Peppers & Onions Mix (or 1/2 cup of each fresh)
- 1 Zuchinni, Chopped
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed
- 1 can of kidney beans, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons of Taco Seasoning
- 8 ounces of Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Throw it all in the crockpot and and let it cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
I served mine with Green Chili Cornbread. (Hint: Add 2 tablespoons of Green Chili Salsa to cornered mix and enjoy the sweet heat!)